FARM CITY LEKKI - RESTAURANT REVIEW

This review has been a long time coming. I just couldn't get myself to write it but, it's a new month guys and I must say no to procrastination.

Driving down admiralty way in Lekki phase one, you'll find Farm city located at your left before the u-turn.

I heard about this place from a friend and decided to go check it out with some friends. Hey Chris!!

I like their decor and I've realised my love for the colour red.


Getting a table wasn't a problem as it wasn't after working hours yet.

A waiter came with a menu which was about 4 pages and a separate drink menu.


We got their smoothies and a Long Island cocktail (because it's never too early to start drinking for some people *side eyes* )





Did I try the three drinks you ask? Of course I did! How else can I give a verdict?

I like their smoothies especially the farm city special (pink one). The long Island cocktail was really strong and a glass is enough to get you there if you haven't eaten which is great for your wallet.

We got chicken and waffles, chicken pinky and their barbecue fish with chips.

I won't lie, we had to laugh when the chicken and waffles came cause it would not quell any hunger pangs but rather intensify them (tasty but small). Apart from the size tho, the waffle was good and that's all I'm saying about that. The chicken on the other hand was lovely. It was a bit spicy and the chef was generous with the black pepper.



My Chicken pinky on the other hand was lovely. My greatest annoyance was the overwhelming amount of pepper in the food. Even the fish was too spicy. Chicken Pinky is grilled chicken served with sauteed potatoes and a pepper sauce. I honestly don't know how I'll order anything else from their menu after eating this. It was really good.



The irony of it all was that we enjoyed the food so much we were gulping water and eating at the same time.



I have had their fish and chips before and it wasn' this spicy so I'm guessing they changed their cook or there was an accident involving black pepper and our food

The best part of this experience was moving to their outdoor sitting area and watching the lagoon while enjoying the cool breeze.

They have parking for about 6 cars and security so that's a plus.

Smoothie - 1,500
Long Island - 2,500
Fish and chips - 3,500
Chicken pinky - 2,500
Waffles and chicken (giggle) - 1,500

Comments

  1. i approve their fish and chips especially the cat fish
    also tried their cat fish pepper soup recently i wasn't so pleased with it tho not enough spice.
    speaking about the cool breeze it was hot that evening couldn't explain why lool

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment Yehmah! I think they need to be consistent with their food preparation.

      Delete
    2. I've had their fish severally and my experience has been A+. I hope my verdict is 100% foolproof especially as I almost always eat there after midnight.

      Delete
    3. Their fish, especially their BBQ Catfish is always first choice. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  2. I have to say I don't share a lot of people's enthusiasm for this place. I placed my order and paid online by 6pm from the lekki branch and my order had not arrived in Victoria island by 8:30pm that same evening. The customer service lady was uninformative and clueless. Delivery didn't arrive till after 9pm. Never will I ever order from farmcity AGAIN! Shhmm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I’m so sorry you had that experience. Nothing as annoying as waiting for hours for food. I’ve never tried ordering online from them so this is disappointing. Thank you for your comment!

      Delete
  3. Will farmcity open tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts