The Warehouse Kitchen - Restaurant Review

Hello Foodie Fam!

There is a new addition to the Lekki restaurant space. Found along Admiralty way beside Fidelity bank. This new kid on the block is called The Warehouse Kitchen and it's for a reason. Apparently, the space used to be a warehouse for wines, I think (don't quote me).

I really love what the owner has done with the space. The lighting, paintings and the rustic nature of the restaurant gives it a great vibe and would definitely give you those Instagram worthy pictures that are so important in 2019.





I visited The Warehouse Kitchen a couple of times (December 2018 when they just opened) before I wrote this review and I must tell you, the pricing is not for everybody ( I think that's the point).

The Warehouse Kitchen has two floors both with outdoor sitting areas. The outdoor sitting area on the ground floor comes with a large screen ( an entire wall) for those days when you want to catch your favorite football game as you drink and eat ( you can see the screen if you're seated at the outdoor area of the first floor as well.

Let's go straight to the food!

I was excited to see that they have a breakfast menu included because if you know me, you know that breakfast is my favorite meal. They offer Pap (ogi, akamu) and Akara (bean cake), plantain and egg sauce...

I had their fried Plantain and Egg sauce the first time and then their fried Yam and Egg sauce the second time...don't judge me mbok. I'll try eating something else when I visit again but I'm not making any promises. The Egg sauce was a delight. The bell peppers were the right type of cruchy and it was'nt swimming in oil. It was the right amount of spicy which is very important to me because I can't eat a lot of pepper but bland eggs is a no go area for me. The word I'm looking for is balance. They provided a side of pepper sauce for our atarodo people.





Dii had their Rcs Combo which has fried rice, Chicken (spicy boneless grilled chicken, grilled sausages - the good kind, Coleslaw and pepper sauce) Gad!! Did I eat Dii's food you ask? YES!





Emk had their Chips with Chicken wings. I'm going back for the Chicken wings when my bank account is set up right cause it was everything.





Our food was served on time and it was clean your plate delicious.

For drinks, I got their Strawberry Daiquiri and found it to be a little too sweet for me but that's what I get for ordering a mocktail instead. This is for you if you have a sweet tooth.

I've noticed that this is a lovely place for that surprise birthday dinner because the manager goes all out and tries to make the entire event a memorable one.

My favourite part of the experience...well second favourite part after the food was the excellent service. The waiters know what their doing and are very attentive to you.

The only shocking, well not so shocking part is when you get your bill and you realise drinking two cocktails would cost you between N9,000 to N10,000 naira.

PRICES
Strawberry Daiquiri - N4,500
Breakfast menu        - N4,500
 Rcs Combo            - N13,000


* atarodo is Scotch bonnets in yoruba
   Pap can be describes as corn caramel (I tried)

UPDATE
I hear they have reduced their prices which is a good thing because "Buhari economy" won't let us shine. These prices are from December 2018 when I visited.

Comments

  1. The Rcs combo meal i don't think one would be getting their moneys worth for such serving. I was expecting the boneless chicken to actually look bigger for the price they gave it. what kind of food do they sell there is it mostly basic Nigerian food or they have intercontinental dishes?
    In all i like the ambiance of the place hoping to visit there one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people are not comfortable with their pricing which I hear has been reviewed. Their menu ranges from African to Intercontinental so there's something for everyone. Thank you for your comment, can't wait to find out what you think about them when you visit!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts