Flowershop Cafe Lagos - Restaurant Review

Hey foodie fam!

Hope you guys are staying hydrated?
Two Saturdays ago I went to the Flowershop Cafe with Yems. Saw a glimpse of it in Dinma Umeh’s YouTube vlog and thought it was a great place to check out.

I was eager to experience eating at a place that was both a flower shop and a restaurant. I vlogged the experience on YouTube


Located at 274 Akin Adesola St, Victoria Island, the Flowershop cafe is right after Dunlop. Parking is available for up to 8 cars. 

We go there at about 3:15pm and walking in my first impression was how full it was. The place was alive to conversation, laughter and music. A server had us seated in no time and luckily we got a cosy spot with great lighting and a display of wine bottles.


Despite the full house, a waiter was ready with the menu and was patient to answer all questions (mostly from Yems). Watch the vlog here 

Drinks
For drinks, I got their Moscow Mule while Yems got their Virgin Mojito. They actually had interesting drinks with a lot of attention paid to content e.g they have a drink called “Mean Green”, it contains kale, cucumber, spinach, parsley, celery, apple & lime. Whossh!


If you like Ginger beer, you’d like the Moscow Mule. You could really feel the kick of the ginger in it. It had a good mix of sweet and kick to it. Very refreshing especially with the heat in Lagos these days.

Yems Virgin Mojito was well done as well. I had some...of course and Yems almost got another glass. 

Food
I got the Roasted Tomato Pasta and Yems got the Mama Africa Rice Pot.


My choice is great if you’re a vegetarian. I slipped on that and didn’t realize until my food was served that there was no meat. I made up for it with some of the Shrimps and Calamari Yem’s plate was loaded with. Regardless, my food was extremely juicy and delicious. You could definitely taste the tomatoes in it but I particularly loved the fresh spinach on top. It added a nice texture to the pasta.

Yem’s Mama Africa Rice Pot came in a lovely black pot. It was jollof rice served with or rather loaded with some fried plantain, calamari and shrimp. 
I noticed crayfish was added to the rice and I honestly did not mind it although it’s something that should be mentioned prior so you know what to expect I think.

Ambiance
I especially enjoyed the music calmly playing in the background. The flowers added a lovely splash of colour to the place and they offer an outdoor area for smokers or if that's your preference but Lagos heat is not my cup of tea. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience.



Service
I must've already mentioned how great their service is. They have extremely attentive and patient staff. We went when they had a full house and there was no slacking in service also at the end, our bill came with a little feedback form which I thought was a great way to evaluate customers satisfaction.


Price
Virgin Mojito - N2,500
Moscow Mule - N2,900
Roasted Tomato Pasta - N4,800
Mama Africa Rice Pot - N6,800

Tell us how much you enjoy your experience at the Flower Shop Cafe in the comments section.




Comments

Popular Posts