Brunch at The Atmosphere Rooftop | Restaurant Review

The heat in Lagos is something else. I heard someone on the radio compare the weather here to Dubai's dry heat and I couldn't agree more.


 Yems and I went to seat the heat out at The Atmosphere; a rooftop in lekki that is fairly new. I hoped we would at least feel some breeze as we had lunch but I might as well have been sitting on the Sun. They have an indoor area with air conditioning and nobody had to tell us before we ran inside for respite from the heat.




A waiter offered us the drinks menu and a new brunch menu which is something they just started doing on Sundays. We could only order foods offered on this menu through the day even though technically, brunch should end at 1:00pm.



For drinks I got their Homemade Iced Tea and Yems got their Chapman. As you can imagine we were very thirsty and we were glad our drinks arrived on time and in tall glasses with the right amount of ice. The Ice Tea was refreshing but for the price I felt the tea was a bit weak. The Chapman on the other hand was delicious albeit a bit too sweet for me but Yems loved it.
Homemade Ice-Tea
Chapman

Since our options were limited to the brunch menu and we were not willing to surpass our budget for a burger, we decide to get two portions of chicken wings and I got their jollof rice while Yems got their special fried rice which came recommended by the waiter.
Jollof Rice with Pepper Chicken Wings
Special Fried Rice with Peppered Chicken Wings


 To be honest, I was a bit upset I couldn't use their regular food menu but when we got our food, I must say, Chef Imoteda sabi work! The food was delicious and spicy the way we requested. We ended up asking for a second plate of the special fried rice which had liver and shrimp in it at no extra cost.
The group on the table next to ours had their pancakes with berries and whipped cream. It looked really good and I almost fell into her plate.

A lot of Nigerian restaurants focus on ambiance and ignore the food which has never made sense to me but The Atmosphere Rooftop is wining on these two aspects. Their space is very Instagram friendly which a lot of creators would love and even their toilets are very clean.









In the evenings, The Atmosphere projects music videos or football matches on their larger screen beside the DJ who is always on point. Music is always very important to me and I'm impressed by the fact that they always have a DJ on deck even on a Sunday afternoon.

Smoking is allowed at the outdoor area and Shisha is available on request. They also have a full bar and bottles are available for sale.

PRICE:
Homemade Ice Tea - N2,000
Chapman - N2,000
Jollof Rice - N1,000
Special Fried Rice - N1,000
Chicken Wings - N3,000
 VAT 5% of Total - N1,350 (I got a lot of complains about this)

Did you have a pleasant experience visiting The Atmosphere Rooftop?

Comments

Popular Posts