Delis Cafe Lagos | “A” for service | Restaurant Review

Hello foodie fam! Happy New Year!

So glad we’re doing 2020 together. This year I decided to write some key goals I want to get rolling by the end of the year and shared them with my “accountability partners”. Now I know you’re rolling your eyes and saying everyone makes new year resolutions that last for all of 2weeks max but I think it’s actually good to write your goals down. As you’re writing, you’re visualizing how you want things to come together to get to you there. I think it’s a powerful exercise.

So let’s get to the food!

My friend just got a new camera for work and wanted to “break into it”, you know, like shoes. I’m always ready for movement, you know you always have to keep it moving plus free pictures!

I went to enjoy.ng on Instagram to check out a few places they have there. Saw a picture of the seafood pasta they got at Deli’s Cafe and you know how your girl be when Pasta is involved.

We went to Delis Cafe.

It’s located at 1291 Akin Adesola St, Victoria Island, Lagos. Very easy to find using Google maps (life saver!) and with ample parking. 

You get to the Cafe through some wooden steps on the side of the building with beautiful potted plants. Once you get in I think you’d be actually impressed with how they’ve put everything together in such a beautiful way and managed the space so well. The ambiance was definitely one of my favorite parts of my experience at Delis Cafe.


We were immediately greeted and seated at a table of our choice with a view of the road. I think this was possible because even without a reservation we came in early that Saturday.



Love, our server really made our time there pleasant. She was very attentive and very down to earth. Love completely put us at ease.

For drinks I got the Mixed Berries Smoothie while Shutter got a Budweiser. We asked that our drinks come before the food. My smoothie was very delicious and came in a big cup so it lasted me a while.


Now for food, I’m sure you can all guess I got the Seafood Pasta and Shutter got Fish and Potato Wedges (I pushed him to order this for selfish reasons by the way. Wink*)



See ehn, I enjoyed every bite of my food...and Shutter’s food too. He wasn’t so sure he’d like the potatoes but he quickly changed his mind after the first bite. It was a completely delightful meal. 

So something happened...
The place got full with families coming in for Saturday brunch and so everyone had their hands full.
Shutter dropped the knife he had kept aside. We both tried to get to the knife quickly but a server got to it first with a fresh pair of cutlery in her other hand. Make of that what you will of the service here.

For dessert I got a Muffin with chocolate and caramel drizzle (thank you Mr Architect). 


Two words; Mind Blown
One word; Delicate

It was fresh out of the oven fluffy and very bite melts a little in your mouth. Just the right amount of sugar. You can tell I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. Shutter thought it was awesome too.

Price
Mixed Berries Smoothie - N3,000
Budweiser - N1,800 
Seafood Pasta - N5,500
Fish and Potato Wedges - N6,400
VAT 5%

When you guys go, please tell them hi and let me know how it goes. Also do you journal?





Comments

Popular Posts