EASY, Nutrient-Packed Breakfast Wrap Recipe

Hello Foodie Family,

It's been a couple of weeks away from the blog as we quarantine during this COVID19 pandemic. Being in a state observing strict lock-down, I've been left with time on my hands to consider the things that are actually important one of which is good health. I have challenged myself to create delicious recipes packed with nutrients with items I have readily available in my house.

It is a great privilege during this pandemic to have food on your table and a roof over your head. Most importantly, good health. I urge everyone that has the capacity, to share whatever they can with  neighbors in need.



This breakfast wrap is one of the easiest nutrient-packed recipes you will find on the internet today. Most of the ingredients can be swapped out with whatever you have available with the same flavor profile. I have a similar recipe with chicken you can watch HERE on my Youtube channel.

Ingredients;

  1. Shrimp
  2. Eggs (boiled)
  3. Onions
  4. Baked Beans
  5. Mayonnaise
  6. Seasoning
  7. Tortilla bread (any flat bread you have would do, you could even used regular sliced bread and turn this to a sandwich)
Preparation;


  • Boil Eggs to your preference. I like mine hard boiled so I leave it on the stove for about 15 minutes, transfer it from the boiling water to a bowl of cool water to rest. Then remove the shell and slice into whatever size you fancy. Picture shows how I sliced mine.
  • Clean and chop up a quarter of a red onion (you can use whatever onion you have). Set aside
  • I had frozen shrimp in my freezer so I put them in the microwave to thaw for about two minuets. Please removed the shell and tail if your shrimp has any. I cut each shrimp into three pieces 
  • In a small pan, I added a teaspoon of vegetable oil, you can use whatever oil you have or butter. I added some of my chopped onions, some seasoned salt, curry, chili and garlic powder. after about a minute, I added my shrimp and allowed to fry for about two minutes.
  • I emptied my can of baked beans and popped it in the microwave to heat up for about two minutes.
  •                                                                
  • In a separate bowl, I add my sliced eggs, onions, shrimp and mayonnaise. Mix well (I tossed with a spoon) till mayonnaise is properly incorporated.

  •                                               
  •                                               
  • Warm your tortilla bread in the microwave for about two minutes on medium heat. 
  • Assemble your wrap as seen in the picture
  •                                               
  • At this point, you can add some cheese, fresh tomatoes and avocados if you have any
  • Pop wraps into the microwave oven for about two minutes on medium heat and serve.
  •                                                    
You can make as many wraps as you want, wrap them in foil and refrigerate to eat later. 

Do let me know how this turns out in your kitchen. Cheers to many more healthy days.

Love,
Sharon.

Comments

  1. Amazing...something I’d love to try��!!
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss E❤️
      I’m sure you’d enjoy it

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts