Quick & Easy Potato Dinner Recipe



Hey Foodie Nation!!!!

I know I get more blog visitors when I review restaurants and I've been glad because between work and Lagos traffic I can hardly get any experimenting done in the kitchen.

Yesterday though I had so much energy and to be honest if I had to go home and eat another bowl of noodles I would've cried. I love potatoes so much, either irish or sweet. I love the texture and how you can never go wrong with them.

I went to my grocery store without a list (don't do this guys) and allowed the shelves to talk to me. The freezer kept calling me and I ended up with a basket full of minced meats, bacon, yoghurt, frozen vegetables (which isn't as flavourful as fresh ones but I be damn if I have to sit down and chop chop chop). Got some garlic and I was good to go.

I cannot overemphasize how easy and quick this recipe is. I have a video on my Instagram @sharonabak


Ingredients:

- Irish Potatoes
- frozen or fresh vegetables ( I used frozen mixed veggies)
- 1/2 red onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
- olive oil or vegetable oil ( whichever cooking oil you have really)
- minced meat
- seasoning cube ( I used 1 cube)
- fresh/ dry pepper ( I used fresh crushed scotch bonnets)
- Salt and any additional seasoning you might like

Procedure:

- peel and boil irish potatoes for about 15 minutes or till soft
- once soft, cut irish potatoes into small bite sizes and set aside.
- in a pan, add a drizzle of oil on medium heat, add your salt, sliced onion and chopped garlic. Stir and allow to fry for a minute.
- add minced beef and allow to fry till colour changes. add seasoning cube, pepper, and vegetables.
- stir fry for about 2 minutes then add potatoes.
- stir fry all ingredients together till they are mixed properly.
- serve!

You can switch this up and add other ingredients. If you do, I would love to know how it goes down in your kitchen. share your variation of the recipe in the comments section or email me sharonabak@gmail.com. 

Comments

Popular Posts