788 on The Sea | Restaurant Review

For whatever reason, I've not been able to get myself to finish this review but today I have told myself I must finish this and get it out there or how else would you know how I felt about 788 on The Sea? Located on the 2nd floor, Twin Waters, off Remi Olowude, Okunde Bluewater Zone, Lekki (Oniru), Lagos.

Grab your wallets guys as this is another expensive restaurant although I suspect we're paying more for the view and not the food.

A wise lady once said, order seafood in a seafood restaurant. That wise lady is me; Sharon Abak *shines teeth*

Some of my friends obviously have never read my quote and so went ahead to ask for Nana's Chicken & Agnello Arrosto from the Meat & Chicken section. T went for 788 Crispy Fish and I got the Penne Ayo.

Let me break them down for you.

Nana's Chicken (N6500)




24 hour whole, tender baby chicken grilled in rosemary and sunflower oil, served with roast potatoes and mixed vegetables. M got it with a side of potatoes. The Chicken was tender and that's all I'm going to say about that. If you're wondering why, refer to wise lady quote above.

Agnello Arrosto (N6500)





Roast Lamb with gravy and seasonal vegetables. S got her's with a side of herbed rice. The herb rice was great and afterwards, I went home and looked up "how to make herbed rice" on google. As for the Lamb, please refer to wise lady quote above.

788 Crispy Fish (N6500)




Char grilled croaker fish served with sauteed potatoes, butter mushroom, crispy parsley, green peas puree & herbed rice.  T replaced her herbed rice with potato chips. If I wasn't in a toxic relationship with pasta, I would've gotten this. The fish was crispy on the outside but tender and juicy on the inside. It was absolutely delightful. Next time I'm eating at 788 on the sea, I'm probably gonna ask for this.

Penne Ayo (N7500)




(who else would have the only pasta dish here if not yours truly?)
Penne served with Shrimps and Chicken in a creamy sauce with Mushroom and greens. This meal was delicious and hearty. The spiciness of the dish was a surprise albeit pleasant. Everyone agreed that it was delicious and the generous helping of shrimps and chicken was a delight.

Now I cannot write this review without complimenting the decor of 788 on the sea. Every piece of furniture must have been carefully picked to provide the ambiance you get when you walk in. the outdoor sitting area over looks the sea and you can hear and even feel the waves splash against the piers.



The highlight of the evening, apart from the birthday celebrant who you guys have all met from her guest post where she shares her simple vegetable sauce recipe,you can read it here, was the grand piano. It was a pity we had to leave cause someone had started playing lovely music.

Have you been to 788 on the sea, what did you think?


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts